Saturday, September 14, 2013

1 down...

Well, the first one is in the books. Well, sort of. Apparently the route was just a bit short. Total of 2.27 miles. Yup, almost a mile short. I'm not the only one a bit confused. And looking back at the route map, that is what they planned. I'm a bit disappointed at that, but I am very happy overall. All of my split times were below 8:20. There were times I was in the 7:30s and 40s. Overall, I ran in 18:19, finished 39th out of 197 and was 5th in my age bracket and 28th in my gender. Even though the results are a bit fudged because people at the University can't measure, I'm happy (unlike a few others that probably aren't). I did it. I had my cheering section. It was way cool. That final sprint at the end put me in a whole new space.

It was so cool running with others. There were the casual runners, the ones who knew what they were doing, just everything. A guy with a dog just came racing by me shortly after the start, never saw him again. There were couples, families, work teams. Just very cool. This is definitely something that I am doing again. I loved the excitement and energy. It was awesome! For sure the 2014 Bolder Boulder is on the list. Other than that, I'm not too sure. I'd like to get in a few more road courses before doing some of the obstacle and trail races.

Loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment