Thursday, September 12, 2013

I've already won

So here I am. Less than 48 hours. I'd be totally lying if I said I wasn't just a bit nervous. For much of the day I had a ton of energy. It made work go by fast, but I just wanted to go and run. I've never felt so alive. It's like someone hooked me to a car battery. I was just electric.

Went on my final run before the big day. Took it real easy. Ran a good 2 miles and walked much of the final one. Out on the trail I was just surrounded by the corn fields, the birds, nature. It really got me thinking about how far I've come. Never in a million years would I think I'd be doing something like this. I know for some of you reading this, a 5K is nothing. For me it's a huge deal. A year ago, I was over 250 pounds. Out of shape. Today, I'm right on the verge of being at 200, and probably in the best shape ever. Running was never my thing. So why now? I really don't know.

While I may not finish first on Saturday, I've already won.

No comments:

Post a Comment