Monday, September 2, 2013

Today was a good day!

Went for a run this morning before getting cleaned up and heading to Milwaukee for more baseball. Felt really good today. 3.04 miles in 25:51 with an 8:31 average pace. First mile 8:36, 2nd mile 8:40, 3rd mile 8:18 and that last little .04 was 7:29. Much more consistant than it has been. The only time I slowed was maybe with 1/4 mile left. I let my mind take over and tell me things I didn't want to hear. Got over it about 20 feet later and picked it up. Sprinted for about the last 50 yards or so. By far no world records broken, but I feel very accomplished today. For once didn't go balls out at the start, tried to pace myself, concentrated on my breathing and finished strong.

Oh! I read about smiling when running and how it can make you feel better. It's true. Try it some time. Just smile then not smile. It was like a small surge of energy each time I smiled. Kind of strange.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment