Thursday, September 5, 2013

4 more until the big one!

A day late getting this entered, but, better late than never.

Only 4 more runs until the one that counts! I think it's starting to hit what it is I'm about to do. Some people may look at it as no big deal. For me this is. Over the last year, I've really turned my fitness level and health around. I've lost 50 pounds. Look forward to working out. And have picked up a new sport.

So the evening started out with going out to a store that specializes in running to go and find a new pair of running shoes. about an hour and 5 pairs of shoes later, I found a pair that I like. Wasn't sure what to expect going into the store. Thought it might be filled with all sorts of people who are of the "elete" status. But no. It was really good.

Came home, got changed and headed out for a run. A warm evening, around 80. Not the warmest day I've been out on, but still warm. Things were feeling good. Did my stretching. Had my music going and started out. First mile or so felt really good. After my turn at a mile and a half, I had to slow up a bit. Took a few sips of water, walked a bit then picked up the pace. Probably went about another mile or so and needed to slow again. Not that anything hurt, just really worn out. Some more water. Then finished hard to the finish. 2.99 miles total. My RunKeeper was off on where it was counting my miles, so I wasn't sure where I truly was, so I picked a spot that seemed like it would be close to 3 miles. Not too bad.

So the results are 2.99 miles in 25:41. Average pace of 8:35. First mile, I went too hard too soon, 7:46. I honestly didn't think I was going that quick, but the time doesn't lie. Mile 2 was at 9:07, and the third was 8:53. Not too bad all things considered. The new shoes felt great.

No comments:

Post a Comment